“CoDev’s support has been fundamental to achieving the successes we have in protecting the rights of women workers in the free trade zones. These are difficult times for everyone, for you, for us, and we believe that solidarity must be maintained to continue to promote the rights of both our countries’ most vulnerable women.” Sandra Ramos, from the Maria Elena Cuadra Movement of Employed and Unemployed Women
There are times when we at CoDev invite you to take action to support the work of our partners and the issues that we believe contribute to a more fair and just world for everyone. Time and time again we hear from our partners that action taken by Canadians to show their solidarity with Latin Americans contributes to a true sense of partnership.
- August 2016: Ecuador Dissolves Teachers’ Union
- June 2016: Colombia: Three Dead 179 Wounded by State Forces
- April 2016: Increasing Death Threats in Colombia
- March 2016: Environmental Activist Assassinated in Honduras
- December 2015: Colombian Union Leaders Receive Death Threats
- December 2015: Colombian Human Rights Defenders Threatened
- October 2015: Indigenous Activist Assassinated
- September 2015: Indigenous Leader Arrested
- June 2015: Colombian partner under surveillance
- September 2013: Colombian partners threatened with death.
- Oct 2012: Call to protest the threat made against the life of Mariano Jose Guerra, Colombian Human Rights lawyer
- July 2012: Call on Colombian Authorities to respond to threats against 13 human rights defenders!
- July 2011: Call on Colombian Authorities to protect the rights of Afro-Colombian communities!
- Mar 2011: Call to the International Community to ensure all Human Rights are respected in Honduras
- Feb 2011: Call on Colombian Authorities to Investigate Threats Against CoDev’s partner NOMADESC!