“CoDev’s support has been fundamental to achieving the successes we have in protecting the rights of women workers in the free trade zones. These are difficult times for everyone, for you, for us, and we believe that solidarity must be maintained to continue to promote the rights of both our countries’ most vulnerable women.” Sandra Ramos, from the Maria Elena Cuadra Movement of Employed and Unemployed Women
There are times when we at CoDev invite you to take action to support the work of our partners and the issues that we believe contribute to a more fair and just world for everyone. Time and time again we hear from our partners that action taken by Canadians to show their solidarity with Latin Americans contributes to a true sense of partnership.
- No current actions
- Oct 2012: Call to protest the threat made against the life of Mariano Jose Guerra, Colombian Human Rights lawyer
- July 2012: Call on Colombian Authorities to respond to threats against 13 human rights defenders!
- July 2011: Call on Colombian Authorities to protect the rights of Afro-Colombian communities!
- Mar 2011: Call to the International Community to ensure all Human Rights are respected in Honduras
- Feb 2011: Call on Colombian Authorities to Investigate Threats Against CoDev’s partner NOMADESC!